1972 Mobile Scout
Otherwise known as the Gemini Twins, Castor and Pollux are well known in Greek mythology, but not a lot of people have heard how they ended up in Taos. Story has it these iconic twins once lived a life of eternal youth in the stars until Zeus, ruler of Olympia, caught Castor giving the good ole lightening rod to his daughter, Helen. Horrified and utterly ashamed by Castor’s actions, Zeus stripped him of his immortality and banned him and his brother to life on the Mesa. Now forever joined by a shared deck, these two live their days side by side gazing into the Taos Mountains. We asked and apparently the views are much better out here.Pollux, the larger of the two, comes with a queen bed, convertible dinette, full kitchen and bathroom. Castor, the runt of the pack, offers a twin bed, convertible dinette, kitchen and bathroom. Both are perfect for traveling couples or solo adventure seekers. If you are coming with a group, why not get both? The 50 ft. shared deck is perfect for enjoying the sunrises, sunsets, and late night conversations together with your pals. Plus, Castor and Pollux are expert stargazers and will tell you more than you’d like to know about their old friends up in the sky.
Features & Amenities
- All trailers have AC and heating units inside so you remain comfortable no matter what the weather brings.
- Double sized bed courtesy of Denver Mattress. Extra cozy and made just for you!
- Fine quality linens and sheets (the mesa is rugged, but you don’t need to be!)
- Full bath (Just keep in mind, trailers have tight quarters and smaller water heaters. For longer showers, use our shower house!)
- Bath amenities courtesy of local company Blue Feather soap
- Living area to enjoy each other’s company or revel in stunning views of El Salto and Taos Mountain (Also sleeps the adventurous traveler or youngins’ when the lights go out)
- Outdoor deck and patio area, shared with Pollux (NM sunset and mountain views included)
- Outdoor fire pit (wood available for purchase, light and unwind)
- Mini Fridge, cooktop and plenty of counter space (Because we’re a fan of omelets and mixed drinks)
- Silverware and dishes (of course a corkscrew)
- French press and 3 ounces of coffee
- Free Wifi
1 in stock